Vegan Brownies Delight. Moist, thick, and super delicious brownies topped with roasted almonds, and melted dark chocolate. These brownies are so rich in cocoa — what a perfect treat for chocolate lovers. I wouldn’t mind having them for my afternoon tea at work, home, or uni. They will make your day so much better when you fit in having chocolate brownies in your busy schedules. Slices of brownie on the go, that’s what I would call it. Either way, these brownies are so perfect to have for family or friend catch ups. They use only simple ingredients, and are not too difficult to bake. So, what are you waiting for? Don’t you want to eat them all, let’s bake these ASAP! I hope you will enjoy them as much as I do.
THE DOUGH CONSISTENCY
This is the consistency you want. You need a hand mixer to combine the ingredients together. Blend for 30 – 1 minute. Please don’t do this for too long, as it could change the brownie’s dough texture. If you do it correctly, the brownies will turn out soft, thick and not too runny. After this, pour the batter to a square cake pan, and bake this for 35 to 40 minutes in a conventional fan forced oven in 160C. Otherwise, for non conventional fan forced oven, you only need to bake this for 15-20 minutes at 180C. Don’t forget to preheat your oven before baking these. Sometimes you just forget ya know!
This is the final look of the brownies, and they should look like this. Before decorating the brownies, place them onto a cooling tray, and cover it with a tea towel until they cool down completely before drizzling with more chocolate.
Finally, the brownies will consist of 12 slices. From here, we could make on more three straight line to have more slices. I think these slices are enough for you only, it’s possible to share these with friends and family, but would you really want to share? When taking pictures of these brownies, I couldn’t help myself, I kept eating and licking the crumbs, and melted chocolate. They were so good!
HOW TO MAKE THIS MOIST AND DELICIOUS BROWNIES
You will need:
CHOCOLATE: You will need cocoa powder. It is recommended using a chocolate that has around 100% cacao. Why? Because it will give you moist brownies, and chocolatey textured cake.
GF SELF-RAISING FLOUR: The best GF Flour I found at the supermarket is this brand ORGRAN. This brand gives you the perfect gluten-free cake, you could have asked for. The GF self-raising flour will go very well for baking these brownies. Let’s have a try, shall we?
BAKING SODA: To make this perfect thickness, you will need to use baking soda. It sounds a bit extra, but they will turn out perfectly as the pictures.
WHITE VINEGAR: will give you an acid-base reaction when you combine it with baking soda. The combination of these two ingredients will give you da best vegan brownie. Trust me, they work. Preferably use white vinegar instead of apple cider vinegar.
SUGAR: You will need some sugar to bake these brownies. The best amount is 1 and 1/3, especially if you want to have the brownies slightly sweeter. I personally like having 1 cup of sugar only, as they already taste sweet enough for me. Up to you, either way is fine.
OIL: Best oil to use is vegetable oil or canola oil. Use oil for baking these brownies, and not butter. Oil will give you the soft texture.
VEGAN BROWNIE DELIGHT
- 2 cups of GF self-raising flour cups
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips (optional, on top of the dough when its done)
INGREDIENTS FOR MELTED CHOCOLATE
- 45g vegan chocolate bar
- Hot water (as needed)
- Place a baking paper onto a square baking pan. Grease with some vegan butter. Add flour on top of the butter, and move your cake pan around to spread the flour evenly
- Pre-heat your oven. My oven is a fan forced oven, so the temperature will be 160C. But for a non-fan-forced oven, it should be 180C
- Prepare the ingredients. Mix the dry ingredients first. In a bowl, shift your flour around, cocoa powder, and sugar. Add baking soda and salt
- Add the wet ingredients such as white vinegar, plant-based milk and canola oil in the same bowl with the dry ingredients
- Mix the ingredients above with a hand mixer for 30sec to 1 minute until it gets smooth and leaves no bubbles
- Pour the cake mix onto a square baking pan, and bake for 35-40 minutes (my oven takes longer to bake. if you do have an oven like me (a fan forced oven). Then, after the 25 mins of baking, it is recommended to check the dough regularly to ensure the cake is cooked well on the inside. If it’s not ready yet, bake it for 10-15 mins more. (If you have a non-fan forced oven, you only need to bake this for 25-30 mins). Use a skewer to check there is no soft dough left and the cake is well cooked on the inside. The cake will look a little crispy on the outside, and smell chocolatey
- When it’s done, place the baked cake onto a cooling pan and cover it with a tea towel until it cools down completely before drizzling with melted chocolate and roasted almonds.
- When the cake is cool completely. Prepare the melted chocolate, boil or microwave the chocolate bar, and add water as needed. Mix them well together. It is ready to drizzle when its warm (use it right away, and no need to refrigerate it).