Oh these buttermilk pancakes are perfectly fluffy and buttery with a thick, soft texture, and delicious buttermilk flavour. I love everything about these pancakes. This stack of pancakes takes only 10 to 15 minutes to make. Quick and used only simple ingredients to prepare. They are so good with any toppings. The buttery taste will be perfect with toppings such as coconut ice cream, more berries, maple syrup, or you could use honey if you are not vegan.
WHAT DO I NEED TO MAKE THIS?
You will need:
Hey you will not need EGG for making these pancakes. I know it’s pretty amazing...
SELF RAISING FLOUR OR PLAIN FLOUR: I tried both these flour and they are fine to use. self-raising flour will give you a lighter texture, and plain flour has a thicker texture
BAKING POWDER: Using baking soda for making pancakes is necessary, it will cause the pancakes to rise when cooked
BROWN SUGAR: I love using brown sugar to make these pancakes, it is optional you could also use raw sugar or white sugar
WHITE VINEGAR OR APPLE CIDER VINEGAR: I tried these two types of vinegar for making these pancakes, and they are fine to use
ALMOND MILK: You could use any plant-based milk you like, I love almond milk
COCONUT OIL OR CANOLA OIL: I tried both of these oils, they are my favourite oils to use for cooking pancakes
Delicious vegan buttermilk pancakes on your day off, or any day you want ah yes, please! There is nothing better than having fluffy pancakes for breakfast. Have them with a cup of tea or coffee would be the ideal way. Sometimes you just feel like having basic pancakes in the morning.
Tips to make these fluffy pancakes:
Let the batter become lumpy
Stir the batter evenly and use it rightaway, and do not let it sit for too long
Mix the dry ingredients well, and add the wet ingredients after
Use a non-skilled pan, so then the pancake won’t stick on your pan
Use a big soup spoon or cookie scoop
Are you hungry for pancakes yet?
Happiness is having pancakes for breakfast
Delicious Vegan Butter Milk Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup plain flour/ self-raising flour
- 2-4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut or canola oil
- 1 cup plant based milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients such as flour, sugar, and baking soda. Mix these ingredients well
- Combine the wet ingredients such as vinegar, oil, milk, and vanilla extract in the same bowl as the dry ingredients. Do not over mix, the batter needs to have a few lumps
- Use a non-sticky pan to cook in a medium heat. Spray butter or oil lightly onto pan
- With a soup spoon or cookie spoon, make them into round shapes and allow room for the batter to spread
- Allow the batter to cook until it starts form bubbling and bursting, and flip them over when you can see the bottom of the pancake has turned golden
- Finally cook for another minute, and ready to serve
- Serve with maple or golden syrup, viola!